Digital marketing refers to the use of the internet, social media, digital display advertising and any other digital media for promotional purposes.
The world is rapidly shifting from analogue to digital.
Customers are gradually moving towards the internet to make payments.
Thus, those companies that, have not yet found their niche through this online marketing strategy need to adapt quickly.
- One of the main advantages of digital marketing is that the advertiser is able to communicate to a large audience instantaneously.
- It is relatively cost-effective. .
- Digital marketing has a very long shelf life. All the messages that you send through the internet can be viewed and accessed by people for a long period of time.
A digital marketing strategy is basically a channel strategy i.e. a channel used for marketing the product or services digitally.
Digital marketing strategies define how companies should:
- Hit channel leads and sales target
- Design Budget
- Communicate benefits of product or services
- Target audience
- Prioritize products available through channel
In digital marketing, it is best to define the strategy prior to implementing them:
1. Define your target customer and the solution you are offering.
2. Differentiate yourself: Branding includes making the consumers perceive your services in a different manner. Example- The company, apple has separated itself from other companies by its website, advertisement and final products.
3. Assess the customers- Your customers are already online, and you can reach out to them and know more about them by joining customer forums, groups and channels.
4. Analyze the competition-Thoroughly analyze the competitors moves.
5. Make a tactical plan-after considering all the aspects, make a tactical plan based on your product.
Here are some suggested online channels that can be used to reach the target audience:
- Social Media: Social media is media for social interaction as a superset beyond social communication. It could be a better option for online marketers as a large group of people is available on social media sites.
- Email marketing- email marketing is a form of push digital marketing. In this channel messages are send in bulk to the users.
- PPC: This method is quite popular among online marketers. You pay when a user clicks on your ad. So it provides accurate data of how much users could be converted into potential customers
SEO: Search engine optimization includes promoting your website on organic listing of search engines (Google
Blogs: Nowadays blogs have gained popularity. More and more people like to write and read blogs written by other people; so related products can be marketed on those blog sites.
A good marketing program involves those programs which can attain customer’s feedback as well adjust their strategies accordingly.
It is important to keep a watch out for
Companies need to continuously keep a watch on what people like, as their likes &dislikes are continuously changing.
In order to be successful, the marketer/ organization will have to provide customized solutions to their customers as well as be able to adapt to new situations quickly.
And last but not the least; you also require monitoring results and feedback.